Content is defined as any published material, including, without limitation, text, video, photographs, graphics and sound material, published by News Lens Pakistan, whether copyrighted or owned by News Lens Pakistan or a third party. Users are defined as any individual or entity that views or otherwise uses content published by News Lens Pakistan.
Access to Content
Access to content published by News Lens Pakistan is currently provided to Users without cost. News Lens Pakistan reserves the right at any time to amend the manner in which content is provided or delivered at any time with or without notice. Amendments may include, but are not limited to, requiring Users to register or purchase a subscription in order to view and/or use content.
Minors Must Have Consent
The content on News Lens Pakistan is intended for readers 14 years of age and older. Minors under the age of 18 must have the consent of parents or a legal guardian to use this site. By accessing this website, You hereby represent that You are at least 14 years of age. If You have under the age of 18 years of age, You represent that have received the permission of your parent or legal guardian to view this website.
Use of Content
Use of content published by News Lens Pakistan is subject to the following requirements:
Copyrights and Trademarks
All content published by News Lens Pakistan is owned by or licensed to News Lens Pakistan and protected by Pakistani and international copyright and trademark laws. With the exception of the uses as explained in the “Fair Use” section below, content shall not be reproduced, transmitted or distributed without the prior written consent of News Lens Pakistan.
News Lens Pakistan may publish content submitted by the Users. Examples of this content include, but are not limited to, comments posted by Users, opinion pieces and blog posts. Users who submit content to News Lens Pakistan retain ownership of the copyright of that content and may use that content however they desire.
By submitting content to News Lens Pakistan, however, the User shall be giving News Lens Pakistan the perpetual right to publish, re-use, archive, modify, delete or commercially exploit the content without any requirement to pay for or provide attribution for the content.
By submitting content to News Lens Pakistan Users affirm that:
- The content shall not infringe the copyright or other rights of any third party.
- The content shall not be in the form of advertising or promotion for goods and services or any spam or other form of unsolicited communication.
- The content shall not be threatening, abusive, libelous, indecent or otherwise unlawful.
- The User shall not impersonate any person or entity or misrepresent any connection with any person or entity.
- News Lens Pakistan shall not be responsible for content placed on its site by Users.
News Lens Pakistan allows Users to use content in the following ways:
- Users may download and print extracts from the material and make copies of these for their own personal and non-commercial use only.
- Users may publish online, share with others, or forward to others the original headline and first 200 characters of an article with a hyperlink to the original article.
- Users may publish online or forward to others quotations or excerpts of 30 words or less, credited to News Lens Pakistan, and including a hyperlink back to the site.
News Lens Pakistan prohibits Users from using content in the following ways:
- Users shall not download or print the material, or extracts from it, in a systematic or regular manner or otherwise so as to create a database.
- Users shall not use content in any other manner that is not consistent with the ways in which this policy explicitly allows for use of content.
Complaints about Content
Users who object to any content or have a claim of infringement should contact News Lens Pakistan via this form: Contact Us. The responsibility for all content and its oversight resides with the Executive Editor of News Lens Pakistan.
Disclaimer and Limitation of Liability
Availability and Use of Content
Content published on www.NewsLens.pk is provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis. While News Lens Pakistan makes every effort to ensure the accuracy and availability of content, it makes no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied. News Lens Pakistan will not be responsible for any damages suffered from the use of this content. Users expressly agree that their use of the website and content is at their own risk and that News Lens Pakistan will not be liable for any effects from this use. Furthermore, Users agree to indemnify and defend News Lens Pakistan against any legal action that arises from their own use of this content.
News Lens Pakistan communicates with Users by e-mail or by posting notices on www.NewsLens.pk. Users agree that all agreements, notices, disclosures and other communications provided electronically satisfy any legal requirement that such communications be in writing.
Third Party Material
Content provided by News Lens Pakistan may contain advertising and sponsorship. Advertisers and sponsors are responsible for ensuring that the content provided to News Lens Pakistan complies with international, local and municipal laws of the land. News Lens Pakistan shall not assume any responsibility for any error or inaccuracy in advertising or sponsorship material. You hereby agree that any issues regarding advertising or information provided by a third-party shall be addressed by You directly with that advertiser or third party.
Content provided by News Lens Pakistan may also contain links to other Internet websites or products and services provided by independent third party. By visiting these sites or using products or services provided by the third party, the User shall undertake sole responsibility for any resulting claim, including, without limitation, viruses, cookies or any other resulting issues and the User releases News Lens Pakistan of any associated liability.
This policy was originally published on June 3, 2015 and is current as of June 28, 2017. In the event that News Lens Pakistan modifies any section of this policy, only registered Users will be notified of the changes.
News Lens Pakistan’s website may contain links to other websites for your convenience and information. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of those sites. By visiting these sites or using products or services provided by the third party, the User shall undertake sole responsibility for any resulting claim, including, without limitation, viruses, cookies or any other resulting issues and the User releases News Lens Pakistan of any associated liability.
What Information do we collect?
News Lens Pakistan collects both data provided directly by Users as well as data on Users available via internet technologies. Minors under the age of 18 must have the consent of parents or a legal guardian to use this site. By accessing this website, You hereby represent that You are at least 14 years of age. If You have under the age of 18 years of age, You represent that have received the permission of your parent or legal guardian to view this website. News Lens will not intentionally collect data from minors.
- Data Provided by Users – Users are required to provide personally identifying information when they submit a comment on the website. In order to submit a comment, Users must provide their name and e-mail address. Users may also be required to provide personal information to sign up for an account, participate in online events, or take advantage of additional website functionality offered by News Lens Pakistan.
- Data Available via Internet Technologies – News Lens Pakistan uses a number of internet technologies to help identify the characteristics of its readership. Currently, we collect the IP address of Users in order to identify their geographic distribution as well as to determine the number of unique Users that have accessed content on the website. We also collect information on which external websites have referred Users to the website, which search engine and search terms lead Users to the website and which links are clicked on by News Lens Pakistan website Users.
How do we use this information?
- Data Provided by Users News Lens Pakistan only requires Users to provide identifying information when providing comments on the website and we currently only use this information to filter out comments that are spam or violate our Editorial Guidelines which are available on this website. News Lens Pakistan reserves the right, however, to contact and/or block Users via the e-mail address that they provide when posting a comment.
- Data Available via Internet Technologies Data that is collected on Users via internet technologies is used primarily to improve internal understanding of the geographic distribution and reading preferences of its Users as well as how to best improve the search engine ranking of its stories. As News Lens Pakistan continues to add website functionality, however, we reserve the right to use such data in additional ways such as presenting our Users with relevant advertising. We do not sell or otherwise utilize data or information.
This policy was originally published on June 3, 2015 and updated June 28, 2017. In the event that News Lens Pakistan modifies any section of this policy, only registered Users will be notified of the changes.